Monday, February 11, 2013

Martha Stewart releases vegetarian cookbook | MNN - Mother ...

While Martha Stewart isn't prepared to give up meat in her kitchen just yet, the 71-year-old has certainly made quite the transition over the last few years to decrease the amount she's preparing.?

?

That shift is reflected in a new cookbook by the media mogul titled "Meatless" that not only includes over 200 vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free recipes ? but also provides a road map for those looking to drop meat from their diet altogether.?

?

In an interview with the site My San Antonio, Stewart says her decision to embrace more vegetables in her diet was influenced heavily by family.

?

"It is both lifestyle and diet and the fact that my daughter is almost a vegan. And two new grandchildren who are vegetarians. I have to get with the program. I actually still do eat fish, but very little meat."

?

Such inspiration has been evident over the last couple years ? in particular specials on her former TV show dedicated to veganism, as well as showing viewers at home how to prepare a meatless Thanksgiving.?

?

Back in 2011, she told audience members privately that she was considering making a shift to a plant-based diet, especially after one experience with some beef.?

?

?I didn?t buy it from my regular butcher," she explained. "I usually buy three pounds of good ground chuck. And I took it home ? this was from the supermarket ? and I rolled it in my hands and my hands were stained red and I vowed I wouldn?t eat beef again," she said. "No really, it was horrifying ? What the heck do they do to the beef that made my hands red? It shouldn?t do that.?

?

According to the description, Martha's new veg cookbook contains recipes for dishes like?Black-Bean Tortilla Casserole,?Quinoa Veggie Burgers,?Chipotle Avocado Sandwich, and?Frittata with Asparagus, Goat Cheese. You can pick it up for a little under $16 over on Amazon here.?

Source: http://www.mnn.com/food/healthy-eating/blogs/martha-stewart-releases-vegetarian-cookbook

Sam Mikulak London 2012 diving Tim Berners-Lee Olympics 2012 Schedule Kenneth Branagh Lupe Ontiveros London 2012 China

No comments:

Post a Comment